Board Member Commitment
Board members are recruited based on their ability to bring a certain skill set to the board such as financial, marketing, sponsorship, legal expertise or fundraising knowledge and networks. The board is made up of a maximum of nine members at any one time who volunteer their time and expertise. Board members are expected to attend all board meetings (average of six per year), the AGM and one strategic planning day each year. In addition board members attend launches and opening performances of PYT when available.
All Board members are volunteers: there is no remuneration for this position.
Treasurer – Responsibilities
The treasurer is responsible for over sight of the organisation’s finances and budgets. Staff members are responsible for keeping the accounts and preparing financial reports for the board.
The treasurer is responsible for overseeing:
- Adequate books of accounts are kept by the organisation;
- An annual budget is produced;
- An audit is prepared;
- That the board receives adequate financial advice at each meeting;
- Chairs finance meetings;
- Prepares the agenda for finance meetings with the General Manager;
- Attends meetings as required.
- Strong background in financial management. Accounting qualifications are not necessary, but will be highly regarded
- An interest in the Performing Arts
- We strongly encourage Western Sydney residents to apply, including those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, migrant and refugee backgrounds, and Indigenous people
Please email a cover letter and a CV of no more than 3 pages to PYT’s Public Officer, Amanda Wright, at firstname.lastname@example.org
For any further information please call the PYT Office: 02 9724 6077
POSITION AVAILABLE: Creative Communications and Administration Co-ordinator
Part-time – 20 hours per week
The Creative Communications and Administration Co-ordinator supports the PYT Fairfield Artistic and Management teams across marketing and promotions, administration and event production.
- Liaise with our Artistic Director and company Filmmaker to develop creative communications for the company.
- Design collateral including e-flyers and posters
- Monitor quality and presentation standards of all company materials and activities
- In collaboration with staff edit and proofread all marketing and company communications
- Undertake media liaison work: including liaising between artists and the external Publicist to assist in booking media interviews
- Be responsible for PYT’s social networking and digital communications, helping to maintain the creative excellence and unique voice and brand of the organisation. This includes the regular PYT e-news and all social media platforms
- Liaise with external designers to manage the PYT website
- Develop and manage the PYT database
- Assist with general office administration
- Assist with venue hire
- Assist with MYOB entry
- Contribute basic admin to reports and acquittals to funding bodies and government organisations
- Producing Assistant duties: work with our Producers, Directors and Artists to support our creative work with event production and logistics, including occasional evening and weekend work on an as-needed basis
- Any other tasks as reasonably requested by the AD or GM
- Design skills, be able to use creative design such as Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience working in the arts OR strong knowledge of the arts
- Knowledge and understanding of using online platforms
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, with high level accuracy and attention to detail
- Passion and dedication for PYT’s mission and programming
- Flexibility to work some weekends and evenings, and to travel as may be required
- Understanding of and experience in working in a community cultural development context
- We strongly encourage Western Sydney residents to apply, including those from cultural and linguistically diverse backgrounds, migrant and refugee backgrounds; and Indigenous people
- Specific arts marketing experience
- Experience using the following: WordPress, Mailchimp, Eventbrite (or other ticketing software), Final Cut Pro
- Experience using MYOB
- Experience in relationship management with key stakeholders
- Ability to speak a language other than English
To apply for the position, please send us:
- a CV of no more than three pages
- A statement of no more than two pages that illustrates how your skills, knowledge, and experience match the duties and selection criteria outlined in the position description.
PYT will only accept applications by email. Please use the subject line, ‘Communications and Admin Coordinator Application’ and send to Amanda Wright, email@example.com
The deadline for applications is 9am Monday 7th May, 2018
PYT Fairfield is committed to equality and diversity, through our program of activities and as an employer. Our practices and procedures aim to reflect the varied needs, expectations and culture of all members of our community. We make every effort to ensure that no member of the community receives less favourable treatment in our recruitment or when accessing our services on the grounds of gender, gender identity, ability, race, religion or belief, age or sexual orientation.
For more information including how to apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
SUPPORT THE PARENTS CAFE – acknowledged by the United Nations as one of the best refugee resettlement programs in the world.
The Parents Cafe is a social enterprise and critical community hub, which is at threat of closure if more funding is not found. Working with up to 200 refugee parents and community members each week, the Parents Cafe provides employment opportunities, skills development, links to further education and important opportunities for social inclusion and belonging.
PYT Fairfield is working closely with the Parents Cafe to raise funds to ensure their ongoing support of new arrivals, particularly from Iraq and Syria, to the Fairfield community.
$150,000 will cover the core funding costs of the Parents Cafe for a full year, giving them the time and resources to raise further funds to ensure their sustainability.
PYT and STARTTS are partnering with the Parents Cafe to create a unique dinner party event Little Baghdad: Cafes and Gardens. This season of Iraqi inspired performances, art installations, music and storytelling within a unique dinner party setting, brings together members of the Fairfield refugee community, artists and audiences, and has inspired PYT to create this GoFundMe Campaign, which they are running on behalf of the Parents Cafe.
PLAYLIST is PYT’s new major work, an Australian dance theatre project that explores the state of feminisms in pop culture and music, from the perspectives of five young and emerging female identifying performers from Western Sydney.
Drawing from pop cultural forms such as music video clips, concerts, iPhones, apps, social media and nightclubbing, PLAYLIST will be created by a team of acclaimed artists led by PYT Artistic Director Karen Therese, choreographer and Australian Dance Theatre Associate Director, Larissa McGowan, Visual Artist Zanny Begg, and co-Sound Designers Jasmine Guffond and Gail Priest.
We are looking for one performer to join our cast. Requirements for the role are:
- A woman aged 21-26 years
- You must live in Western Sydney or have a proven connection with the area
- Some dance experience, all street style forms are encouraged
- Skills in rapping or slam poetry are highly regarded but not necessary
AUDITIONS WILL BE BY INVITATION ONLY
This is a professional engagement, paying professional wages and performers will be required to be available for development and rehearsal periods as follows:
Mon 9 April – Fri 20 April
Mon 9 July – Fri 27 July
Mon 30 July – Sat 11 August
To register your interest please send a CV and recent photo to email@example.com
Audition dates and times:
When: Monday 19th or Tuesday 20th March
Where: PYT Fairfield 19 Harris St Fairfield (2minutes walk from Fairfield station).
Please select which day suits you better and email your registration.
PYT | Fairfield are seeking an experienced Communications and Marketing Manager to join our team in a time of rapid growth.
Applications close Sunday 10 December. For more information and details on how to apply, check out the full job description:
PYT ENSEMBLE 2018
PYT | Fairfield is now accepting applications from young people (aged 18 — 26yrs) for our 2018 Ensemble Program.
If you are a young creative with a passion for performance and a connection to Western Sydney, we want to hear from you.
This is an incredible opportunity for a select group of dedicated young people to participate in a year long program of weekly master classes, workshops, theatre making and performance training for stage and camera, as well as getting hands on experience working with a range of professional artists, attending industry events and more!
This unique opportunity will help you network within the professional theatre and performance industry, learn new skills and meet a large network of artists, performers and peers.
Applications Close Friday 8th December, 2017 — APPLY HERE
Local Fairfield artist, Maria Tran will be in residence at PYT for the year as our 2018 Associate Artist. Maria is a martial artist, actor, filmmaker & screen fight coordinator. Maria will run her film company Phoenix Eye from our venue, and collaborate on a series of PYT projects and programs throughout the year.
Maria Tran is the recipient of the 2018 Create NSW Western Sydney Artist Fellowship
PYT are looking for female-identifying artists aged between 18-27 to audition for
PLAYLIST is a new theatre work devised and co-created by PYT Artistic Director Karen Therese and acclaimed visual artist Zanny Begg. The work will explore the cultural landscape of music and how young women use music to empower their lives.
Auditionees must either live in Western Sydney or have a proven connection to the area.
AUDITIONS WILL BE BY INVITATION and will be held at PYT I Fairfield on Wednesday 27th and Thursday 28th September. To register your interest please send a CV and recent photo to firstname.lastname@example.org
Registrations must be received by Monday 18th September.
This is a professional engagement and performers will be required to be available for development and rehearsal periods throughout 2017 and 2018.
About the Role:
The PYT PILOTS program offers fun and engaging drama classes in local high schools to support students to develop an awareness of the arts and also support their confidence, communication, language and group work skills.
This position is responsible for leading in-school drama workshops in South-Western Sydney schools with a focus on working with young people from recent migrant and non-English speaking backgrounds.
An important part of the role will be acting as mentor/teacher to PYT’s trainee instructors (Co-Pilots). You will work closely with at least two trainee teachers per term to develop their skills, providing feedback and planning support throughout the term.
You will be expected to write detailed lesson plans to the established program objectives as outlined by PYT Fairfield.
For full Position Description, including Selection Criteria, please see:
For more information about the position, please contact the PYT office on 02 9724 6077
To apply for the position, please send us:
– A CV of no more than three pages
– A statement of no more than one page that illustrates how your skills, knowledge and experience match the duties and selection criteria
We will only accept applications by email. Please use the subject line ‘Workshop Facilitator application’ and email your CV and statement to email@example.com
The deadline for applications is Friday 25 August 2017. Late applications will not be accepted.
PYT is committed to equality and diversity, through our program of activities and as an employer. Our practices and procedures aim to reflect the varied needs, expectations and culture of all members of our community. We make every effort to ensure that no member of the community receives less favorable treatment in our recruitment or when accessing our services on the grounds of gender, gender identity, disability, race, religion or belief, age or sexual orientation.
PYT in partnership with PACT Centre for Emerging Artist and The Q at the Joan Sutherland Performing Arts Centre.
HIGH/WAY 234: residency is designed to strengthen creative communities across Greater Western Sydney as well as build capacity for next generation artists.
HIGH/WAY 234: residents announced!
PYT Fairfield, PACT and the Q at The Joan are very pleased to announce the two artists who have been selected for the 2017 residency program:
Two artists or groups of artists will be invited to complete a month long residency co-hosted by PACT, PYT | Fairfield and The Q at The Joan. Projects must be able to demonstrate a connection to Western Sydney.
Residents will work out of The Joan, Penrith for their first week, PYT | Fairfield for their second & third weeks and PACT, Erskineville for their fourth and final week. Each stage of the residency will be supported by mentorship from the companies’ Artistic Directors: Katrina Douglas, Karen Therese and Nick Atkins and each project will be given $3000 cash for the purpose of artist frees and project costs.
Selected artists will be asked to present a work in progress showing at PACT.
Applications Now Closed
Residency Dates: July 30 – August 27 2017