Board Member Commitment
Board members are recruited based on their ability to bring a certain skill set to the board such as financial, marketing, sponsorship, legal expertise or fundraising knowledge and networks. The board is made up of a maximum of nine members at any one time who volunteer their time and expertise. Board members are expected to attend all board meetings (average of six per year), the AGM and one strategic planning day each year. In addition board members attend launches and opening performances of PYT when available.
All Board members are volunteers: there is no remuneration for this position.
Treasurer – Responsibilities
The treasurer is responsible for over sight of the organisation’s finances and budgets. Staff members are responsible for keeping the accounts and preparing financial reports for the board.
The treasurer is responsible for overseeing:
- Adequate books of accounts are kept by the organisation;
- An annual budget is produced;
- An audit is prepared;
- That the board receives adequate financial advice at each meeting;
- Chairs finance meetings;
- Prepares the agenda for finance meetings with the General Manager;
- Attends meetings as required.
- Strong background in financial management. Accounting qualifications are not necessary, but will be highly regarded
- An interest in the Performing Arts
- We strongly encourage Western Sydney residents to apply, including those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, migrant and refugee backgrounds, and Indigenous people
Please email a cover letter and a CV of no more than 3 pages to PYT’s Public Officer, Amanda Wright, at email@example.com
For any further information please call the PYT Office: 02 9724 6077